Sunday, December 14, 2008

so long, farewell, aufwiedersehen, goodbye.

12.12
After our last day of class, we headed as a group to Domplatz, the same place we met up for the first time on our first day. Rather than Mozartkugeln, we enjoyed some Gluehwein. On Thursday evening, we gave our director his gift, a pipe, so he enjoyed smoking the pipe, while we hung out.





I did my final gift/souvenir shopping, and then I headed over to the other dorm for some cookie 'baking', which was really just decorating store-bought cookies. After dinner, nearly all of our group walked over to our directors house surprising him with Christmas carols and cookies.


12.13
After packing up a good portion of my stuff, I met up with a few friends. We walked along our favorite path to Schloss Hellbrunn, visited the Steintheater and wandered through the Christmas Markets.


12.14
Today is my last official day in Salzburg. It is kind of a surreal feeling. I have been finishing packing/cleaning/organizing this morning. This evening a few of us plan on saying our final goodbyes at Cafe Sezession.

Tomorrow, I have an 11am train to Berlin. I will be spending the next week traveling; we are starting off in Berlin, then going to Dublin, and finally London. I will be flying home on the 23rd, just in time for Christmas! :)

This will be my last blog update for now. I will post another one over break with details of my travels.

If I don't see you before Christmas, or over break, I wish you all a Frohe Weihnachten (Merry Christmas)!

No comments: